Shooting clothing can be difficult to purchase for the uninitiated, and whilst getting it right might be a significant investment, getting it wrong can be a costly mistake.
1. You’ll probably find it hard to find one set of shooting clothes that does it all, and for all weathers and season. Depending on where and when you are hunting, and what you’re hunting for, you might want to make sure that you have different sets of shooting clothing.
2. Formal shooting clothing needs to offer a lot of arm and leg movement, and be flexible. Remember that you might also be wearing several layers underneath, so you’ll want to make sure that you can still move freely even when you’re dressed for the depths of winter.
3. You might want your outdoor clothing to be breatheable and waterproof. This is so that you don’t have to choose between staying warm and staying dry. You also won’t want to carry lots of additional clothing with you, just in case the weather changes.
4. Clothing for clay pigeon shooting can be more colourful, as you’re not going to frighten real game away. You’ll still need to make sure that your clothing offers good arm movement.
5. If your role is one of beating or picking up, then you’re clothing needs to be tough and durable. Shooting clothing will take a battering in these roles, and so you won’t want to have to replace it every time you’ve been hunting.
6. The shooting jacket is probably the most يلا شوت important item of shooting clothing you’ll buy. It will need to keep you warm and dry, and give you the flexibility you need. You’ll also need it to be comfortable, for those long days out in the field.
7. You shouldn’t scrimp on your shooting trousers. Whether you choose shooting trousers or breeks, you’ll want to make sure that they offer the same sort of protection from the elements and the environment, and flexibility as your shooting jacket.
8. Socks and boots shouldn’t be an afterthought. You’ll be spending all day stood up, and want to remain warm, dry and comfortable, even after walking many miles.
9. Accessories such as hats scarves, gloves, and bags can make your shooting outfit complete, and really make your time outside more enjoyable. If you’re warm dry and comfortable, you’re much more likely to have a successful day’s shooting.
10. You don’t have to buy the cheapest clothing in order to get value for money. If your jacket or trousers is worn often, and lasts for several years and still looks as good and performs as well as it did when you bought it, then it’s great value for money, no matter how much it cost. If it seems like you’re replacing your jacket or trousers every time you’ve been out shooting, then you’re not getting value for money.
Now you know what to look for, and how to get the best value for money from your shooting clothing, isn’t it time you updated your wardrobe, and made sure you’ve got all you need for your next day out?